- Sheboygan, WI
Primarily responsible for the accounting operations of The Wasmer Company (including 3 local companies), to include production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is also responsible for cash management and risk management, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Must respond to clients (Internal and External) needs and follow through on all aspects of requests in a timely manner so that exceptional customer service is provided.
- Resolve customer grievances and involve management if necessary so that customer is satisfied to the best of our ability.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Maintain the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments and pricing decisions.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in cooperation with outside Tax firm.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Use bookkeeping software, online spreadsheets, and databases.
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports.
- Reconcile accounts or notes and report any differences they find in the records.
- Assist with budget preparations.
- Enter G&A bills accurately and timely.
- Create and send client statements. Invoicing to be done by individual companies.
- Intracompany invoicing to be done weekly.
- Submit vendor credit applications.
- Assist accountants with tax return preparation.
- Receive and record cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Make bank deposits and receipts of money.
- Conduct invoice activities and pay vendors for delivered materials.
- Provide inventory support by understanding Inventory software, including maintaining office materials and supplies
- Keep client credit applications, tax exempt certificates, and vendor W9 and insurance records up to date.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Collection calls on outstanding receivables.
- Update accounting procedures and policies as needed.
- Look for continuous improvement of efficiencies for the department and working with other departments.
- Assist in Human Resources by maintaining employee files
- General office duties, such as: answering telephones, monitoring and responding to multiple email accounts, faxing, checking mail, etc.
- Assist with other duties as requested so that all operations run smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required.
- Previous work experience preferred.
- Meticulous in detail and follow up
- Experience and understanding of all Microsoft ® Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), experience with QuickBooks and Fishbowl ® preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain outstanding organizational skills.
- Positive attitude with the desire to work in a fast-paced, energetic team environment required.
Friday, May 6, 2022