TACTIK LIGHTING PRODUCT MANAGER
Purpose Statement: The LED market is estimated to grow to $105 Billion by 2025. Tactik Lighting’s objective is to be the most dominant provider in the most challenging industrial facility applications for LED lighting. Tactik Differentiator: Tactik Lighting’s business model eliminates channel conflict, aids our resellers in maximizing profitability while minimizing warranty risk, and providing best in class industrial grade LED lighting solutions in an American Made product line. Company Description:
Tactik Lighting designs and manufactures LED lighting solutions for industrial and commercial environments that require high quality, durability, reliability, and sustainability. Tactik’s team has decades of experience in designing LED Light fixtures for harsh environments including dust, vibration, corrosion and heat. Tactik products are tested and certified by UL (ETL) and DLC to not just meet, but rather exceed the requirements. Tactik products are innovative, high quality, long lasting, durable, and rugged to provide more than just energy savings, but also to improve the overall business with respect to safety, productivity and optimized human resources.
Tactik currently has 6 Manufacturer Reps and sells through wholesale distribution. Tactik wants to add 3 more Manufacturer Reps in 2022 and double sales through our existing Manufacturer Reps. Tactik also has new product designs we will get certified and introduce to the market.
The Tactik Lighting Product Manager will work strategically to maintain key client relationships with industry lighting distribution leaders, and proactively prospect for new business through distribution, Rep Agencies and in partnership create new business with end users, but sell through Electrical Distributors. Competitive and savvy, the Tactik Regional Sales Manager will help identify and execute on big picture opportunities that will continue to drive Tactik’s growth and profitability.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
· Join, impact, and collaborate as a team member in a fast growing company known for innovation.
· Assist reputable, well-known, progressive clients in learning about how they can incorporate Tactik product solutions into their customer’s facilities to continue to advance their own businesses.
· Use your technical aptitude and product management skills to learn about and educate executives and key stakeholders on the unique value of Tactik’s products.
· Tactik manufactures quality sustainable products that positively impact the client in three ways: earnings, environment and employees.
· In office support to assist with quotes, client communication, and other sales administration activities.
· Responsibility will be wholistic working with Marketing, Production, Leadership, Clients, UL, Patent office, Suppliers, etc.
· Respond to client needs (both internal and external) and follow through on all aspects of requests in a timely manner, providing excellent customer service.
· Identify existing and future profitable market opportunities.
· Develop and maintain organizational culture, values, and reputation in its markets and with all staff, clients, suppliers and partners.
· Liaise with other executive department heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans.
· Establish sales objectives, track & communicate progress, provide visibility and forecasts.
· Monitor sales performance, analyzing year over year improvement to drive for greater results.
· Constructively handle all client complaints with positive and creative solutions.
· Collaborate with others across the company to ensure that all client requests and needs are addressed fully and accurately; track and report the status of all activities so the data is accurate and useful in the CRM system. Enter and maintain data in CRM including current status and next steps.
· Keep product knowledge current and work closely with subject matter experts on technical issues so that the most accurate and applicable information is shared with each client.
· Actively pursue professional development and ongoing training.
· Proactively and deliberately follow the sales process so the clients receive consistent service and follow through.
· Establish and maintain relationships with third party industry influencers.
· Coordinate and complete technology demonstrations, facility walkthroughs and customer site visits.
· Assist with other duties as requested so that all operations run smoothly.
· Requires some travel to new and existing customers – travel may vary depending on client or supplier needs.
Your success will be measured based on:
· Improving Marketing Materials and Sales success
· Improve product reliability by monitoring warranties and finding ways to eliminate them.
· Improving Product to make it more profitable, easier to sell, better for the client,
· Making inroads with existing customers to find additional opportunities.
· Prospecting to find 3 additional Manufacturer Reps who will benefit from Tactik products.
· Meeting and exceeding agreed upon metrics
Key Performance Indicators (Lead Measures)
· Quotes issued (weekly)
· Gross Profit of product shipped (weekly)
· Sales through Manufacturer Reps (monthly)
· Sales growth through Manufacturer Reps (quarterly)
· # of warranties (quarterly)
· Business to business sales or product marketing experience in the lighting industry specific to commercial and industrial sales.
· Documented experience selling through distribution channels and rep agencies, as well as end users and contractors.
· Consultative sales experience, particularly with lighting products.
· Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to travel regularly to customer locations, including holding a valid driver’s license.
· Minimum three years lighting experience required.
Key words to describe a Rockstar in our organization:
· Passionate attitude
· Honest and Transparent
· Constant learner
· Coaches and/or teacher
· Curious – questions current process and procedures
· Proactive communication
· Extreme Ownership
· Encourages teamwork
· Engaged, works smartly
· Believes in process and procedures and creates when missing or improves when needed · Growth Minded · Makes the client experience better
Desired Experience and Traits:
· Previous sales training (e.g. Miller Heiman, Sandler, SPIN, Selling Energy, other).
· Experience with lighting distribution such as Graybar, Rexel, Gexpro, Wesco, Viking and/or ESCO’s.
· Experience with lighting Rep Agencies in the U.S.A.
· Experience with LED lighting including with utility incentives/rebates.
· Experience with financing partners.
· Organizational skills and enthusiasm for effectively managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced sales environment.
· Associate degree in business or other related discipline or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
· Competitive combination of base + commission
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance