*This role is specifically working with Wasmer's sister company, Skilled Contractors Alliance*
Primarily responsible for installing and maintaining electrical and power systems. Works at construction sites, factories, foundries, paper mills, and businesses.
$45/hour+ dependent upon experience OVERTIME AVAILABLE
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1) Installing electrical systems, to include interior and exterior LED lighting, utility sub-meters, air compressor
control systems, and a variety of other energy saving products.
2) Installing lighting, electrical outlets, and circuit breakers.
3) Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus,
and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
4) Thread conduit ends and connect couplings and conduit fittings.
5) Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers.
6) Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
7) Replacing faulty circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire.
8) Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, and voltmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
9) Consult with engineers, engineering technicians, line installers and repairers, or industrial machinery mechanics
and maintenance workers when performing installations.
10) Tearing down fixtures – sorting parts for packing and returning.
11) Using good judgment, pack efficiently saving space in vehicles for returns as much as possible.
12) Empty trailers into warehouse.
13) Verify staged product against the packing slip.
14) Pack/load vehicles with appropriate products, tools and materials needed for the project.
15) Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
16) Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
17) Perform skilled and semi-skilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide
variety of electrical systems and equipment.
18) Assist with other duties as requested so that all operations run smoothly.
1) Ability to travel overnight for jobs that require an overnight stay, approximately 15 overnights per year.
2) Ability to work 2 nd or 3 rd shift hours if the project requires, approximately 6 times per year.
3) Must have a Journeyman Electrician License.
4) Valid state driver’s license required.
5) Problem solving, troubleshooting, and judgment skills required and must have knowledge of tools and
instruments required to perform maintenance, new installations and troubleshooting.
6) Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral.
7) Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain outstanding organizational skills.
8) Positive, confident, and motivated attitude with the desire to work in a fast-paced, energetic team environment required.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such
as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. The employee is also exposed to
different environments i.e. manufacturing, welding, machining, etc. which can require different types of personal
protective equipment such as hard hats, hearing protection, and safety glasses.
The employee is occasionally exposed to all sorts of weather conditions, i.e. rain, wind, humidity, cold, hot, etc.