The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in an effective and efficient manner. It is expected that about 75% of the day while be spent on the phone.
1. Answer telephone and direct caller to the appropriate employee.
2. Provide callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other job related information.
3. Take and distribute phone messages for all personnel.
4. Customer Service - attempt to answer customer's questions via telephone and email.
5. Greet and direct visitors to the company.
6. Check company voicemail system for messages several times throughout the day and at the end of the day. Ensure all messages are given to appropriate employee.
7. Filing of various documents and folders including, but not limited to:
a. Customer information into customer folders
b. Vendor information into vendor folders
c. Subcontractor information into subcontractor folders
d. Customer folders into file cabinets
e. Job cards stapled into front cover of customer folders
8. Schedule all appointments for sales representatives, production department and management using JobProgress.
9. Customer service phone calls including, but not limited to:
a. Lead follow-up calls - update spreadsheet
b. Accounts Receivable and collection calls -document conversation on AR sheets
c. Invoices Sent calls - document conversation on front of customer folder
d. Open Jobs calls - Advise customer of approximate start date and continue to make follow-up calls until job goes into production.
10. Email - Check employee email and respond accordingly.
11. Administrative support - provide word processing and secretarial support as needed for Office Manager, Sales Department, and Production Department.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Receptionist is expected to be at work station and ready to work at 8:00 a.m.
No travel is expected for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The office may be a busy facility. The Receptionist may have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of customers, vendors and employees. The Receptionist may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Computer, Telephone, and Email Restrictions
Employee will have the use of a company email account, telephone and computer to perform your duties. The company email account, telephone and computer are to be used for company purposes only. All email, telephone and computer usage may be monitored. The use of personal cell phones is restricted during work hours.