Structural Engineer-Facility and Industrial Design PE
The Smith Consulting Group
- Longview, TX
Structural Engineer / PE/PM a plus
Brief Job Summary
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage a project, with some oversight, from proposal phase to construction administration. Some projects are purely structural. The successful candidate will manage a project from start to finish.
- They have designed all types of structures: concrete (cast-in-place, precast, post tension), structural steel, light gauge steel, wood framing, masonry.
- Professional development - they will facilitate you in maintaining and increasing your professional development hours.
- You will work under the direction of a department manager who will provide overall project oversight.
- There is the potential to grow in responsibilities and leadership. Our client is growing through leadership and ownership transition and the desire is to develop the next generation from within the organization.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and construction cost estimates. Our core work is developing construction documents so the majority of your time will be in structural design.
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional specialized structural inspections
- Collaborate with engineers, architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects
- As the design skills increase, you will develop leadership skills by taking project management responsibilities, developing client relationships, writing proposals and adding value to all of our staff.
- Team Building - every employee is responsible to contribute to building the team, not just personal development. Must have a strong desire to work with others, not as an individual island. This is why a physical presence in Longview is mandatory. - See "Longview, a great place to live!" below.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 8+ years in structural engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer with the ability to register in multiple states.
- Revit experience is a plus, but not mandatory. We do all of our drafting in Revit so you will learn it.
What my client offers:
- COMPENSATION – Competitive wages, bonuses, relocation reimbursement
- GROWTH – Apply your current skills, develop expertise with our experienced professionals, and advance in a growing company
- HEALTHCARE – Fully paid medical, dental, and vision healthcare + life insurance for employee with generous contributions for dependents
- VACATION – 3 weeks of PTO per year + 10 paid holidays
- RETIREMENT – 401k plan (100% match on the first 6% of your deferral)
Longview, a great place to live!
Why live in Longview?:
- 5 minute commute to work
- Typical worst rush hour traffic is one extra traffic light cycle. Vast majority of time you never wait longer than the first signal cycle.
- All the major and essential stores and restaurants are in Longview. Don't have to travel far. But if you are occasionally looking for 'best place', the major cities are not far.
- Driving completely across the city is no more than 10 miles
- Located in the beautiful 'Piney Woods' of East Texas.
- Very family friendly: Parks, libraries, schools, churches, etc.
Visit these websites:
Tuesday, February 28, 2023