Civil Engineer / Water Resources Project Engineer
The Smith Consulting Group
- Englewood, CO
Do you like working on different types of projects? Our top client specializes in land development, renewable energy and infrastructure so you will never be bored! They are seeking a Water Resources Project Engineer/Project Manager, with 5 to 10+years of experience to join their team.
A few fun things you’ll be doing:
- Preparing designs, reports and analysis for stormwater, floodplain, stream restoration, and water quality projects from initial concept to construction.
- Assisting in developing the project scope and fees, project documentation, and reviewing drawings.
- Providing technical direction to other engineers, designers & CADD technicians.
- Perform design of hydraulic structures including spillways, outlet works, pipelines, and open channels.
- Assisting the Project Manager as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and other consultants on the project team.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of project invoices, budgets, and review of AR.
- Conceptualizing the initial design approach for projects with the overall responsibility for the project design through completion.
- Effectively establishing project priorities and standards.
- Coordinating technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Attending and participating in client and agency meetings as appropriate.
- Visiting project sites to review conditions as appropriate.
The set of qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School
- Professional Engineer licensure in CO.
- 5 to 10 years of related water resource engineering experience.
- Experience in preparing and evaluating hydraulic and hydrologic modeling using SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS or equivalent modeling programs.
- Experience with Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling and analyses to comply with FEMA guidelines and specifications.
- Ability to perform one dimensional and two-dimensional floodplain modeling using software applications like HEC-RAS.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
- Efficient time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Strong delegation skills to coordinate the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Proven ability serving as the liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and other consultants on the project team.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with master plan developments and the land development process.
- CFM certification is preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Entrepreneurial culture- large enough to offer and share a broad array of resources, but small enough to be nimble and competitive locally.
- You will find forward-thinking, passionate people committed to life-long learning and innovative projects and solutions.
- Plenty of projects to work on-most clients are repeat customers.
- An excellent company culture which promotes a work/life balance, community involvement and giving back.
- Competitive Salary, twice yearly bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Solid, family-oriented organization- you will not be a number here
- Strong work/life balance! Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Flexible work hours with a normal 40-hour work week
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunity to join a growing team with a clear growth plan towards leadership opportunities
Monday, January 9, 2023