Project Manager-Site Devleopment
The Smith Consulting Group
- Denver, CO
Looking to take your career to the next level? Tired of being overlooked? Here is the next step in your career! Read on!
Project Manager, Civil/Site Land Development (Denver and Ft. Collins)
Our client seeking a Civil Engineer - Project Manager - with 7+ years of civil engineering experience to support our land development, energy & public infrastructure projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Managing the workload of the team that may consist of Project Engineers, Design and Graduate Engineers; ensures that all project work is completed according to set deadlines and milestones.
- Enhancing the productivity of the team through use of delegation; matches tasks to individual strengths.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other business units within CORE as well as external subconsultants.
- Communicating project objectives, drivers, and risks to project team; actively monitors the progress of projects and addresses scheduling or quality problems as soon as they are identified.
- Ensuring the quality of work produced by the project team is meeting or exceeding standards.
- Cultivating new opportunities from existing clients and projects that results in repeat work.
- Maintaining positive client relationships and overall client satisfaction.
- Negotiating clear contracts (MSAs, proposals, etc.) that are profitable and minimize company risk.
- Ensuring profitable execution, timely billing, and proactive collections.
- Producing timely change order.
- Developing direct reports; provides career opportunities and feedback for continued growth.
Qualifications for this opportunity include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- At least 8 years of experience as a Civil Engineer, preferably in Land Development.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of engineering planning, design and construction related to land development, energy, or public infrastructure projects.
- Intermediate to advanced skill with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to conduct constructability and design reviews of design and construction plans, technical specifications, contract documents and cost estimates.
- Ability to conceptualize the initial design approach for projects with the overall responsibility for the project design through completion.
- Efficient time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision to meet all deadlines.
- Experience with construction services including contract administration and construction observation.
- Strong delegation skills to coordinate the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Proven ability serving as the liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and other consultants on the project team.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
What is in it for you?
- Entrepreneurial culture- large enough to offer and share a broad array of resources, but small enough to be nimble and competitive locally.
- You will find forward-thinking, passionate people committed to life-long learning and innovative projects and solutions.
- Plenty of projects to work on-most clients are repeat customers.
- An excellent company culture which promotes a work/life balance, community involvement and giving back.
- Competitive Salary, twice yearly bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Solid, family-oriented organization- you will not be a number here
- Strong work/life balance! Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Flexible work hours with a normal 40-hour work week
- Flexibility to work from home when needed. (Hybrid work environment)
- Opportunity to join a growing team with a clear growth plan towards leadership opportunities
- Ability to contribute to the group’s business development and project pursuit efforts, but you are not required to be the salesperson out cold calling for new business
Monday, June 12, 2023