Natural Resources/Field Biologist Project Manager
The Smith Consulting Group
- Denver, CO
Do you like working on different types of projects? Our top client specializes in land development, renewable energy and infrastructure so you will never be bored! If you like managing a team, working with clients and love natural resource work, then read on!
To qualify for this amazing opportunity, the following is required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in wildlife science or similar; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Understanding of renewable energy project development.
- 8-12 years experience, with 1-2 years+ experience as a Project Manager
- Experience managing projects involving avian and raptor surveys and specific T&E surveys (e.g., Preble’s Meadow Jumping Mouse monitoring surveys); understanding the methods and approach to problem-solving techniques to manage such projects.
- Consulting experience in renewable energy avian/raptor surveys, bat monitoring, wildlife habitat surveys, post-construction surveys, project sitting and construction compliance.
- Consulting experience in the preparation of Bird and Bat Conservation Plans, Habitat Conservation Plans/specific wildlife species monitoring plans (e.g., Preble’s habitat mitigation and monitoring plans).
- Strong background in agency consultation with USFWS and state wildlife agencies. Experience required in CO, plus experience preferred in the Midwest and Rocky Mountain region.
- Interest and ability to problem solve and identify requirements in new states and regions.
- Experience in Land use permitting preferred, but not required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
- Entrepreneurial culture- large enough to offer and share a broad array of resources, but small enough to be nimble and competitive locally.
- You will find forward-thinking, passionate people committed to life-long learning and innovative projects and solutions.
- Plenty of projects to work on-most clients are repeat customers.
- An excellent company culture which promotes a work/life balance, community involvement and giving back.
- Competitive Salary, twice yearly bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Solid, family-oriented organization- you will not be a number here
- Strong work/life balance! Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Flexible work hours with a normal 40-hour work week
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunity to join a growing team with a clear growth plan towards leadership opportunities
- Ability to contribute to the group’s business development and project pursuit efforts, but you are not required to be the salesperson out cold calling for new business
- Amazing benefit package
Monday, August 22, 2022