Team Leader-Land Development
The Smith Consulting Group
- Denver, CO
Looking to take your career to the next level? Tired of being overlooked? Here is the next step in your career! Read on!
Team Leader, Land Development
- Team Leader opportunity where you will manage and lead a group of civil engineers
- Support Land Development, Energy & Public Infrastructure projects.
- Mentor junior engineers by providing direction and technical support
- Projects include large and complex master-planned communities, residential and commercial projects. Large backlog of work.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of assigned projects.
- Work with others to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for all the project elements.
- Devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Maintain current and timely change orders.
- Manage the workload of the Civil team in partnership with other Team Leaders; ensure all project work is complete according to set deadlines and milestones.
- Enhance productivity through delegation, match tasks to individual strengths.
- Negotiate changes to the scope of work with client and subcontractors, market, and secure additional work with client.
- Ensure profitable execution, timely billing, and proactive collections.
- Support strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Follow, support, and promote team accountability for best practices and office procedures.
- Identify hiring needs; works with internal HR team to help drive recruiting efforts to fill positions.
- Provide positive employee experience by supporting the needs of the team through training and development, regular feedback and team building activities.
- Proven record of effectively leading and managing a team.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree along with a current PE
- 15+ years of experience in Civil Engineering
What is in it for you?
- Entrepreneurial culture- large enough to offer and share a broad array of resources, but small enough to be nimble and competitive locally.
- You will find forward-thinking, passionate people committed to life-long learning and innovative projects and solutions.
- Plenty of projects to work on-most clients are repeat customers.
- An excellent company culture which promotes a work/life balance, community involvement and giving back.
- Competitive Salary, twice yearly bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Solid, family-oriented organization- you will not be a number here
- Strong work/life balance! Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Flexible work hours with a normal 40-hour work week
- Flexibility to work from home when needed.
- Opportunity to join a growing team with a clear growth plan towards leadership opportunities
- Ability to contribute to the group’s business development and project pursuit efforts, but you are not required to be the salesperson out cold calling for new business
- Amazing benefit package
Tuesday, March 28, 2023