Project Manager- Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydraulic Civil Engineer
The Smith Consulting Group
- Jackson, MI, United States
Our client is one of the top privately held consulting engineering firms in the South/Southeast and is growing their water resources/drainage group. If you are a highly motivated individual looking for career growth, then read on. You will be a part of the Engineering Team and will assist other teams as projects and client demands dictate.
Typical projects include various types of drainage, flood control, bridge hydraulic studies/designs, bridge scour analyses, storm water management studies, and design/contract plans for flood control and storm water infrastructure projects. DOT experience a big plus as this may lead to being onsite with the local DOT office. Their culture is not a rigid environment. Their leadership is more hands off and allowing people to grow, learn and hone their skills.
Required skills and experience include:
- Current PE License
- 8-10+ years of hands-on experience in H & H
- 3 years+ experience managing projects for Water Resources
- Strong knowledge of latest hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling programs, including GIS-based applications, is required.
- Experience with MicroStation (and/or GEOPAK/OpenRoads) and AutoCAD (and/or Civil 3D), StormCad, and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Must be comfortable in a client facing role as the Project Manager and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have strong leadership skills.
What's in it for you:
- An excellent company culture/Family oriented
- Very low turnover (average tenure is 20+ years)
- A heavy backlog of work
- Company is positioned for organic growth, looking to go from $75 million to 100 million in the next 5 years.
- They are an ESOP firm.
- Competitive Salary, annual bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Relocation assistance provided.
Thursday, September 16, 2021