Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking an entrepreneurial, self-starting, and energetic senior engineer to join the water resources team in our Greenwood Village, CO office. The selected candidate will lead the drainage design to support transportation projects as well as manage water resources specific projects. This role will also include the responsibility of managing a small group of engineers and designers, providing mentorship, and fostering career growth. Business development and marketing will also be required in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work with leadership within the Water Resources Group to help manage staff efforts, provide mentorship and guidance to staff, participate in regular staff meetings and project coordination meetings.
· Help develop FHU staff within their existing skill sets, and encourage growth in water resources areas of interest like stream restoration, regional water quality and detention designs, major outfall design, etc.
· Manage the drainage design and water resources portion of transportation projects as a task lead including schedule, budget, scope, and coordination with other discipline task leads.
· Manage independent drainage design and water resources projects including contracting, scope and fee development, team management, client management, and deliverables, with attention to meeting scope, fee and schedule.
· Lead marketing efforts for water resources specific projects.
· Roadway drainage design including hydrology and hydraulics for projects including roadside ditches, curb and gutter sections, complex storm sewer design with utility conflicts, retrofitting storm sewer design, and coordinating with existing downstream systems.
· Stormwater quality and detention design including post construction best management practices (BMPs) recommended by CDOT and MHFD, construction BMPs for sediment and erosion control, and general familiarity with common Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permits requirements.
· Bridge and culvert hydraulic analysis, including sizing proposed structures, analyzing existing structures, scour analysis, and design for scour protection for minor to major outfalls.
· Floodplain analysis including HEC-RAS to support documentation for floodplain development permit applications and preparing Conditional Letter of Map Revision and Letter of Map Revision applications to FEMA.
· Supports construction projects by reviewing submittals, answering RFI’s, and conducting field visits to ensure compliance with the contract drawings and specifications.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university with an emphasis on water resources. Master’s degree considered a plus.
· 10 years minimum experience in drainage design and water resources related work focused on transportation related work like storm sewer conveyance, water quality facility design, floodplain analysis, major structure sizing, etc. utilizing Colorado state and local criteria and standards
· Experience in AutoCAD, Civil3D, and MicroStation/OpenRoads Designer
· Experience with hydrology and hydraulic modeling software like CUHP, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SMS and SRH-2D, CulvertMaster, HY8, FlowMaster, StormCAD, EPA SWMM, etc.
· Experience with CDOT is highly desired
· Stream restoration/stabilization knowledge and experience considered a plus.
· Project Management experience required
· Marketing and business development experience required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PE license required in Colorado
The pay for this position has a range of $105,000 - $130,000 annually. The actual offer will carefully consider a range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience.