Our client is a mid-sized consulting firm that has built a culture centered on integrity and one who promotes an entrepreneurial spirit in their people. They are seeking an experienced Professional Engineer/Project Manager to assist with a variety of public-sector civil projects for clients, including counties, cities, FDOT, and other municipal entities.
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in utility-related design such as potable water and sanitary sewer collection and distribution, and can facilitate the pursuit of utility work by utilizing existing client relationships with local agencies and municipalities.
Duties and Experience
· Provide production engineering design expertise for a variety of civil engineering projects and technical reports.
· Meet with clients, contractors, and review agency personnel to maintain and foster professional relationships
· Track and complete project tasks on schedule and within budget.
· Perform QA/QC to ensure quality in designs, plans, and calculations.
· Strong project experience with utility design (water, sewer, and small pump station collection/distribution).
· Desire to mentor and lead including ability to direct, train, and mentor junior staff through reviewing and certifying projects.
· A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
· Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Florida and 5+ years of post-licensing PE experience in the field of civil engineering (or ability to obtain within 6 months through reciprocity)
· Knowledge of stormwater modeling software, such as ICPR4.
· Familiarity with FDOT standards is a plus
This is a tight-knit group of people led by a very solid executive leadership team. You will not be a number here! Relocation assistance provided to qualified candidates and can be in a number of cities in Florida: Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and SW Florida.