Roadway Design Project Engineer
The Smith Consulting Group
- Denver, CO
My client is looking for a Roadway Design Project Engineer with 4+ years of experience to support their land development, energy & public infrastructure projects.
A few fun things you’ll be doing:
- Preparing designs, reports, and analysis for projects from initial concept to construction.
- Assisting in developing the project scope and fees, project documentation, and reviewing drawings.
- Providing technical direction to other engineers, designers & CADD technicians.
- Assisting the Project Manager as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and other consultants on the project team.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of project invoices, budgets, and review of AR.
- Conceptualizing the initial design approach for projects with the overall responsibility for the project design through completion.
- Effectively establishing project priorities and standards.
- Coordinating technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Attending and participating in client and agency meetings as appropriate.
- Visiting project sites to review conditions as appropriate.
The set of qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School
- Professional Engineer licensure in CO preferred. E.I.T required. with a path to licensure.
- CDOT roadway design experience a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience specific to roadway and roundabout design.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with AutoCAD Civil 3D and relevant software for street/roundabout design.
- Efficient time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Strong delegation skills to coordinate the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Proven ability serving as the liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and other consultants on the project team.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 401k Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Coverage
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays/Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Schedules
- Hybrid Schedules
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Tuition & Education Reimbursement
- OptOutside Program
What's in it for you?
- Entrepreneurial culture- large enough to offer and share a broad array of resources, but small enough to be nimble and competitive locally.
- You will find forward-thinking, passionate people committed to life-long learning and innovative projects and solutions.
- Plenty of projects to work on-most clients are repeat customers.
- An excellent company culture which promotes a work/life balance, community involvement and giving back.
- Competitive Salary, twice yearly bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Solid, family-oriented organization- you will not be a number here
- Strong work/life balance! Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Flexible work hours with a normal 40-hour work week
- Hybrid work environment
Monday, March 6, 2023