Civil Engineer / Project Engineer
The Smith Consulting Group
- Englewood, CO
Do you like working on different types of projects? Our top client specializes in land development, renewable energy and infrastructure so you will never be bored! Our top client is seeking a Project Engineer with 5+ years of experience to support their Land Development and Energy projects.
A few fun things you’ll be doing:
Providing technical direction to other engineers, designers & CADD technicians.
- Assisting the Project Manager as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors and other consultants on the project team.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of proposed project scopes and fees.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of project invoices and review of AR.
- Conducting constructability and design reviews of design and construction plans, technical specifications, contract documents and cost estimates.
- Participating in construction services including contract administration and construction observation.
- Conceptualizing the initial design approach for projects with the overall responsibility for the project design through completion.
- Effectively establishing project priorities and standards.
- Coordinating technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Attending and participating in client and agency meetings as appropriate.
- Visiting project sites to review conditions as appropriate.
The set of qualifications we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School; Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience with an increasing level of project responsibility.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Efficient time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Strong delegation skills to coordinate the work of the project team, including the coordination of the project with the review agencies.
- Proven ability serving as the liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and other consultants on the project team.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
- Entrepreneurial culture- large enough to offer and share a broad array of resources, but small enough to be nimble and competitive locally.
- You will find forward-thinking, passionate people committed to life-long learning and innovative projects and solutions.
- Plenty of projects to work on-most clients are repeat customers.
- An excellent company culture which promotes a work/life balance, community involvement and giving back.
- Competitive Salary, twice yearly bonuses, and excellent benefits package.
- Solid, family-oriented organization- you will not be a number here
- Strong work/life balance! Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Flexible work hours with a normal 40-hour work week
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunity to join a growing team with a clear growth plan towards leadership opportunities
- Ability to contribute to the group’s business development and project pursuit efforts, but you are not required to be the salesperson out cold calling for new business
Thursday, December 8, 2022