Drainage Engineer/Water Resources Engineer
The Smith Consulting Group
- Sioux Falls, SD
Looking to join a highly respected firm that offers an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and team-oriented culture where you are able to excel at what your best at? Our client's South Dakota office is growing and expanding. If you are looking for a fun, affordable city with great schools, tons of outdoor activities, awesome restaurant scene and NO STATE INCOME TAX, then keep reading! This is a ground floor opportunity and relocation assistance provided.
Summary: Primary duties for a mid-level engineer position in their water resources group will include the opportunity to work on a wide range of water resources projects ranging from drainage and hydraulics support for transportation projects, stream and wetland restoration projects, design and permitting for stormwater regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Analysis and design of various sized drainage engineering projects. This includes hydrology and hydraulic analysis and design for highway and street drainage, storm sewer systems, and modeling of floodplain hydraulics.
- Work on stormwater quality projects including the design of green infrastructure and other best management practices for stormwater control and treatment, and compliance and permitting documentation.
- Assist with wetland and stream restoration assessment, analysis, and design.
- Assist in preparing scope, budget, and scheduling of projects.
- Use computer assisted engineering design software to prepare engineering and design documents as needed. This includes the preparation of plans, profiles, details, quantity tabulations and construction costs.
- Take ownership and responsibility for projects. This role can vary from water resources Task Lead to Project Manager depending on the size of the project.
Requirements/Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental/Biological Systems Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 4 or more years of progressive Water Resources experience
- South Dakota PE license, or able to obtain a South Dakota PE license within one-year of employment (negotiable)
- Experience working with SDDOT highly preferred.
- Proficient in MicroStation and AutoCAD highly preferred
- Experience with drainage design and 1D floodplain modeling
- Experience with more advanced modeling in one or more specialized areas of H&H modeling (e.g., bridge scour, sediment transport, 2D analysis, etc.) preferred.
- Stream restoration and watershed planning experience is a plus.
- Client contact and project coordination is required.
Our client seeks to provide a benefits package that helps their team maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of which they contribute a significant portion towards or, for some plans, covers 100% of the premiums
Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
401(k) with employer match
Adoption Assistance program
Flexible work schedules
Professional and career development opportunities including tuition reimbursement for continuing
Support of employee participation in professional and technical societies & various civic organizations.
Reimbursement of professional certification and registration fees.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021