Project Manager - Water/Wastewater
The Smith Consulting Group
- Austin, TX
Looking to join a growing and established firm where you can make an impact on your career, client projects and the community?
As a successful candidate you will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate the design and planning of challenging water/wastewater projects, build client relationships, and serve in a significant project management role in building our client’s business in Texas.
The Water/Wastewater Project Manager / Sr. Design Engineer will be supported by a staff of technical experts throughout the firm, as well as a strong corporate business development team.
What you can expect as the major duties and responsibilities:
- Perform project management function on both design and construction aspects of water and wastewater. Typical projects will include wastewater system design (gravity sewer, force main lift station, and metering systems), water system design (pipelines, booster stations, storage tanks/reservoirs), storm water and site drainage design, wastewater treatment plant infrastructure design, and construction phase related services.
- Manage projects and provide technical leadership, develop client relationships.
- Coordinate with, train/coach and guide Austin junior design staff in developing and delivering design projects.
- Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience for designated water/wastewater clients.
- Based on relationships and technical abilities, serve as client manager and/or project manager for selected clients/projects.
- Collaborate with other design professionals throughout the firm on project pursuits and technical challenges.
- Participate in strategic business planning, development of client relationship programs or assignments, and assessment of new business opportunities.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Texas PE registration, or ability to be registered with reciprocity.
- 10-15+ years of experience in water/wastewater/utilities design
- Strong CAD/Civil 3-D knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Experience with ArcGIS in utility mapping applications
- Strong client management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable, tech savvy that includes the capability to learn virtual collaboration tools.
- Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm.
Preference will be given to candidates with 5+ years managing projects in Texas as well as to those whom reside in either Austin or San Antonio. Our client is open to having someone work out of either their Houston or Dallas office but must be willing to travel as needed. Current or past working relationships with and/or both SAWS or Austin Water is a MUST!
Our client offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision coverage, immediate accrued paid time off, 401(k) with match and no vesting schedule, life insurance at no cost to the employee, flexible hours, tuition assistance, casual dress, opportunities for professional development and much more.
Monday, May 3, 2021