Water/Wastewater/Public Works Project Manager
The Smith Consulting Group
- Champaign, IL
If you are looking to join an ESOP firm, where you will join a collaborative and committed environment where you will be respected and part of a team, then this is the opportunity for you! This is a fully remote opportunity but you must be willing to drive to client sites in the surrounding area as needed.
Our top midwestern client is seeking a Water/Wastewater /Public works/Municipal Project Manager to oversee various projects from inception to completion in their Champaign, Illinois location. Previous client liaison and project management experience in the local area is a big plus but not a deal breaker! Must have initiative and a drive to succeed. Champaign is a university town with with lots to do and see, including parks, trails, outdoor venues, restaurants , sporting and cultural events. If you are tired of the big city, how cost of living and traffic jams, this is the area for you as the projects you will be working on, will have a positive impact on the local community.
The work you will do
- Project management including project planning, scoping, budgeting and QA/QC
- Knowledge of regulations and requirements within Illinois a big plus
- Administration of construction on client requested projects
- Wastewater facilities planning and feasibility studies
- Wastewater process design & modeling
- Preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications)
- Client relations including council meetings with existing and new clients
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Proven history of managing design engineers, moving projects forward and working side by side with clients and associates.
- 8-15 years of prior experience within the Illinois Municipal market serving multiple clients a big plus
- Proven history of working on municipal projects a MUST.
- IL PE or the ability to get within 6 months.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and clients preferred but not a deal breaker.
Personality & Cultural Fit:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Commitment to learning
- Respect & care for employees
- Client focused
- Independent yet collaborative
- Results oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Positive attitude
- Cooperation / teamwork
All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks.
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working towards the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Work life integration – we know your career should accommodate your life style, not the other way around
- Office summer outing, companywide competitions that benefits our community, coffee, and Friday breakfast (fuel up!), and more…
- Internal & external training opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits.
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 17 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid by company life insurance, long term disability and short term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
Friday, May 21, 2021