Senior Data Engineer - Arlington, VA
The Talent Source Inc
- Arlington, VA
What are we looking for in you?
Immediate long term assignment for a Senior Data Engineer to design and implement data processing pipelines using AWS services.
AWS Certified Developers preferred.
- Familiarity with AWS data services and modules.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with AWS services (Lambda, S3, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, Kinesis, AWS Glue, AWS Data Pipeline)
- Experience with developing data marts or data lakes from independent sources that include both structured data and unstructured data
- 3+ years of experience with data migration, data analysis and SQLs
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), should be able to analyze, compare and profile data sets
- Proficient with data querying using SQL queries with relational databases, Big data and using NoSQL APIs effectively
- Ability to work in globally distributed teams
- Knowledge of IT processes, including quality assurance, release management, and production support
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal, and informal).
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent education/professional experience is required
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Informatica power center, master data management & customer data platform
- Exposure to large-scale data modeling
- Experience with SOA, XML, SOAP, HTTP & Web service development
- Exposure to ESB's such as MQ/JMS or Tibco EMS
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies preferred.
- Ability to understand, document and communicate technical design, best practices, toolsets, and solutions.
Assignment is based onsite in Washington DC/Arlington VA.
We offer W2 Consultants a comprehensive benefits package that includes Premium Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, in addition to 401k profit share participation, along with many other perks.
We are happy to engage Corp-2-Corp Partners; All candidate profiles must include full legal name, LinkedIn profile, Current Location & Education.
We look forward to discussing how The Talent Source team can support you throughout this engagement and beyond.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020