Senior Data Engineer
The Talent Source Inc
- New York, NY
Opportunity for Senior Data Engineer within the North American Data Engineering Practice of a prestige Digital Transformation & Strategy firm.
As as Senior Data Engineer you will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions for global brands, focused on building out customer data hubs and solving business challenges through data driven solutions.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s customer data platform and analytics databases. Works with the business’s data analytics teams, data scientists, and software engineers in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any issues. Defines and builds the ETL and data pipelines to enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
- 5+ years in a data-engineering role with demonstrable experience with data integration and data warehouse projects.
- Experience architecting and building data warehouses, customer profile databases, data marts, etc.
- Knowledge of Apache Beam and programming languages including Java and Python.
- Experience with MPP systems (Google Big Query, AWS Redshift, Azure Data warehouse).
- Experience with data modeling, warehouse design, and fact/dimension concepts.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. T-SQL, PostgreSQL, PL-SQL).
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.).
- Experience in Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Impala, etc.) ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Similar Discipline
Wednesday, October 9, 2019