Senior Data Warehouse Engineer with Snowflake
The Talent Source Inc
- Chicago, IL
We have an initial 6-month assignment for a Data Warehouse Engineer with expertise in Snowflake for an assignment in Chicago.
This is a senior data engineer within our client’s North American team. This position will be focused on building out a customer data hubs/profile database and building data warehouse solutions.
MUST have experience with Snowflake.
You will be:
Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s customer data platform and analytics databases. Works with the business’s data analytics teams, data scientists, and software engineers in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any issues. Defines and builds the ETL and data pipelines to enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
5+ years in a data-engineering role with demonstrable experience with data integration and data warehouse projects.
- Experience architecting and building data warehouses, customer profile databases, data marts, etc.
- Knowledge of Apache Beam and programming languages including Java and Python.
- Experience with MPP systems (Google Big Query, AWS Redshift, Azure Datawarehouse).
- Experience with data modeling, warehouse design, and fact/dimension concepts.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. T-SQL, PostgreSQL, PL-SQL).
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.).
- Experience in Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Impala, etc.) ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Thursday, October 10, 2019