Director of Global Compliance
Thomas Brooke International
- Medina, OH
Cleveland area Fortune 1000 Holding Company/Manufacturer
This is an exciting, complex job in a very complex compliance landscape – the Company is comprised of multiple discrete operating businesses organized into groups, with over 100 sites globally and a very small group comprises the corporate-level compliance function. You will have significant input into how to accomplish the necessary outcomes while working closely with a tight-knit corporate group.
You will provide center-led compliance-related guidance, focus, assistance and oversight directed at ensuring the global effectiveness of the Company’s compliance program in the area of labor and employment law and litigation.
- JD required
- 4+ years employment/labor compliance experience
- Experience in a global and decentralized organization strongly preferred – you know how to develop relationships, implement programs and build trust across a wide spectrum of people, title levels and functions
- Operationally oriented – you understand how to get things done, manage conflicting priorities or needs, and make decisions that keep the business moving even when there is not an ideal path forward
- Policy drafting and training experience, with emphasis on ensuring that the policies and procedures are actually effectively implemented in practice at “boots on the ground” level
- Working experience with business in high-risk locales is helpful
- · Foreign language proficiency also helpful
- Willing to live/relocate to the Cleveland area – this is NOT a remote position (relocation support is available for the right person)