Thomas Brooke International
- Cleveland, OH
- Fortune company
- Provide financial oversight for the Company’s non-operating entities (manage team of two; report to Director of Accounting)
- Own and spearhead process improvement for accounting activities associated with these entities
- Newly created position with high visibility and excellent long-term growth opportunity
- Suburban location with opportunity for remote working
As a key member of the Corporate Finance team, you’ll have a broad range of responsibility. About 50% of your time will be spent on providing oversight to the department, ensuring routine activities run smoothly, and books and ledgers are submitted in a timely and efficient manner. About 25% of your time will be spent on quarterly documentation controls, ensuring documentation is in place for an efficient close. The remaining 25% will be spent working with central Procurement and the Operating businesses, gradually taking on responsibility for non-routine activities. This may include monitoring and review of new contracts, identifying accounting implications, and building processes to handle the associated risks.
- Control Owner for
- Account Reconciliation Review
- Manual Journal Entry Review
- HFM to GL Tie-Out (including rollforwards)
- Analytical Review of the Financial Statements
- Preparation of Stockbased Compensation Accounting
- Preparation of Equity Journal Entries
- Preparation of outstanding shares reconciliation (as needed).
- Preparation of EPS calculation
- Preparation/review of Debt Issuance and Extinguishment accounting
- Review and Documentation of “center-led” procurement contracts to identify accounting implications (i.e. embedded derivatives, contractual commitments, rebates and penalties).
- Coordination and review of “center-led” rebates/penalties with Operating Companies
- Identification and tracking of non-GAAP expenditures incurred by non-Operating Companies, including restructuring costs
- Quarterly Review of Operating Company Cash Accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar is required
- 4-6 years Public Accounting experience with SEC / public company experience OR strong background in internal controls /404 compliance is required – you have a solid background in controls and know what a good controls environment requires
- Management experience is required
- CPA preferred
- Contract review experience preferred
- Adaptable - you can manage multiple projects or responsibilities smoothly
- High level of initiative and think on your feet when presented with new scenarios
- Local candidates strongly preferred - no relocation provided
The Company offers a base salary, meaningful bonus, strong benefit package and excellent long-term career prospects.
$80-100k salary + bonus