Head of North American Sales - High Performance Wood
Thomas Brooke International
- Chattanooga, TN
Rapidly-growing treated wood manufacturer, newly created position, outstanding leadership opportunity!
Location is flexible: position can be based in NC, SC, or TN
- As a member of the Worldwide senior Sales Management Team, you’ll report to the Global Head of Sales & Product Development.
- Lead a small sales team working through distributor sales organizations, focusing on developing pull-through repeat business with end users via a spec-driven sales process, including working with the A&D community.
- The Company plans to establish manufacturing in North America within the next few years and you will be a primary contributor to making that goal.
Specific Goals & Responsibilities
- Rapidly scale North American business over 5 years to support Company plan for establishing N. American production during the period.
- Achieve product mix and margin targets
- Develop decking product range including new and existing products
- Actively guide and contribute to marketing collateral, training material and product development
- Provide a pivot point for Company activity and support in the North American market
- Review options for and propose a North American sales and marketing office, and expansion of resources to achieve sales targets in line with budget
- Review distributor relationships, propose additions and changes to optimize coverage for fast sales growth
- Ensure high employee satisfaction and esprit de corps within the NA Sales team
- Coordinate the ‘people process’ within the NA sales team: talent management, regular check ins and target setting.
- Operate with broad responsibility across business functions as required at this stage in the company’s growth
- Ensure close collaboration, mutual objective setting and delivery with wider supporting group functions
- Bachelor’s degree in related field very helpful
- Strong track record in sales team leadership of speciality, high performance wood or industry related products, including successful rapid, profitable sales growth
- Relationships with distributors, end-users in this space and also in the A&D community
- Experience with distributor and direct sales team management and managing a remote team
- Experience with spec-driven sales
- Experience with CRM very helpful
- Proficient in Office 365, particularly Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to lead, direct and develop.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set – you are comfortable wearing a number of hats and “doing what it takes”
- Strong negotiator.
- Ability to develop new content and concepts.
- Ability to build trust and influence at all levels.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Driven, collaborative and innovative in approach to resolve issues arising and identify new, tangible opportunities for growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff.
- Willing to travel as needed within North America
Tuesday, October 1, 2019