Timothy Jon & Associates
- Chicago, IL
Our long-time client is seeking an Estimator to join their team in Chicago!
This estimator will prepare detailed estimates for commercial projects based on the construction drawings and specifications. In the performance of this function, the Estimator is responsible for the communication of bids and scopes of work to supervisors.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Developing conceptual estimates based on program level information and historical costs.
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for any scopes for industrial/warehouse projects.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types: Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.
- Perform detailed quantity surveys/take-offs both electronically and manually
- Perform a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Serve as liaison with subcontractors, design team (engineers, architects, consultants) and client/owner.
- Prepare detailed estimate of the entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps
What You Need to Bring to The Table:
- B.S. in Construction, Engineering or related technical area.
- At least 5 years' experience in estimating
- Experience with projects with projects in excess of $5 million
- Knowledge of Destini or similar electronic takeoff program
- Knowledge of Revit preferred.
Tuesday, November 14, 2023