Timothy Jon & Associates
- Phoenix, AZ
Cpnstruction Estimator-Phoenix, AZ RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!!
Our Client is hiring a Commercial Estimator in Phoenix, AZ. They are employee focused, high energy and upbeat and seek like-minded people to join the team. Due to progressive growth, an opportunity is available for a highly motivated Estimator who is able to jump in feet first into a variety of multifamily, hotel and healthcare construction projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Coordinate and perform preconstruction tasks working with current & potential clients, architects, and engineers for assigned projects in a manner consistent with Company policy, procedures and ethical code. Duties to include:
What You’ll Do as the Estimator:
- Calculate accurate labor, equipment, and material costs for commercial construction jobs.
- Review drawings and specifications to determine quantities and calculate pricing.
- In early budgeting phase and final/hard bid scenarios, coordinate subcontractor bids, including preparing bid invitations, reviewing incoming bids for scope and pricing, scheduling site visits with subcontractors to review the scope of projects, acquiring best pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, and developing bid presentations.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Present estimates to ownership effectively with the right amount of detail and explanation of individual components of the budget.
- Works with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Assists the team in determining the proper trades to pursue and assures that the estimates are created with input from the operations team as to production rates, manpower availability and general requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with subcontractors and suppliers, including researching and qualifying new subcontractors and suppliers, and maintaining lists of preferred subcontractors and suppliers to present to clients.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, as necessary.
- Prepares project documents, material release schedules, client information, project schedules and other documentation to assure a steady stream of information to the Project Managers.
Want to get your resume to the top? Take a look at the requirements:
- Four-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum and minimum 2 year’s experience in estimating, design related activities or project management.
- Experience with design-build, construction management, and hard bid projects.
- Experienced in the use of computer-based estimating systems (On-screen take-off) and Excel.
- Experience with shopping center, retail, warehouse/distribution centers and entertainment preferred.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret plans and specifications relative to the scope of work and schedule specified for each project within bid time frame.
The Estimator position is a salaried position that will require investment of time and effort beyond a "9-to-5" work week.
What You'll Get
Our client strives to provide a generous compensation and benefits package to help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a great work/life balance. Their benefits include PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 401k. On top of all that, you'll have the opportunity to build a career in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Friday, April 29, 2022