Timothy Jon & Associates
- Marathon, WI
The basic purpose of the Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement and support, custom .Net applications.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities:
- Working closely with our Business Analyst Team to deliver custom solutions to meet user and corporate requirements.
- Design systems, programs and coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and assisting with the development of user manuals.
- Provides input to Business Analyst(s) to prolong system life or to recommend timely replacement
- Assists operations staff in the set up, testing and support of new hardware technologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand software needs
- Design and Develop state-of-the-art applications
- Supporting existing applications
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
Education and Experience:
A High School diploma or GED along with at least 15 years in Design and Development of State-of-the-Art applications as well as 15 years in .Net (VB or C#). An Associate Degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Understanding of MS SQL Server Tables, Views, Store Procs and Functions
- Very Good understanding of accounting and/or manufacturing principles
- Must have designed and developed accounting and/or manufacturing applications from concept to delivery
- Ability to work independently or in a small group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Tuesday, November 14, 2023