Timothy Jon & Associates
- Saint Francis, Minnesota
The Credit Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers. They will perform credit functions relating to commercial loan analysis presented to the loan committee, annual reviews, customer reviews as requested including financial performance and trends, and evaluation of collateral coverage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed, timely credit underwriting support to the commercial loan processes.
- Prepare commercial loan summaries, analysis and presentations.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Provide risk rating recommendations with input from Lenders.
- Spread financial statements and tax returns.
- Maintain good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and identify deviations from policy.
- Review credit files with current financial information and ensure files are uniformly organized between all Bank locations and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as state and federal guidelines.
- Determine collateral valuations, ensuring the Bank is adequately secured.
- Discount cash flow valuations to estimate values and verify appraisal valuations.
- Provide technical assistance to Lenders as needed.
- Provide support to Bank staff and customers regarding all aspects of the commercial loan process and maintenance.
- Maintain or develop various credit department reports as requested.
- Provide assessment of loan condition and quality, independent of the lending function
- Offer potential loan policy and process recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist in mentoring and developing staff in the area of credit analysis and loan administration documentation.
- Assist in developing procedures, templates, spreadsheets, etc. that improve the overall credit process. Committees
- Education: Associate degree, accounting or related field
- Experience: 2+ years of business loan underwriting or credit analysis experience
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking regulations
- Knowledge of Bank policies and procedures along with Bank products and services offered
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write report and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Commitment to providing superior customer service to internal and external customers, always demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships to collaboratively achieve Bank goals
Wednesday, September 22, 2021