Business Banking Officer
Timothy Jon & Associates
- Brookfield, WI
The Business Banking Officer is responsible for developing effective, ongoing banking relationships with both new and existing business customers. Utilizing their knowledge of lending practices, business acumen and financial analysis, the Business Banking Officer develops a portfolio of business loan and deposit customers.
- Achieves successful loan production and deposit services objectives through prospecting, developing client relationships, and maintaining adequate loan outstandings.
- Develop a prospect calling program and an effective referral network for the assigned market.
- Effectively follow-up on business banking referrals from all sources within defined business size parameters.
- Grow and maintain appropriate portfolio of loan and deposit customers and develop their long-term relationships with the bank.
- Participate in professional/civic group in communities served to network with prospective businesses and referral sources.
- Make initial assessment of loan requests and advise customers regarding credit criteria; gather customer information and perform business analysis required to structure, underwrite, and document loan request.
- Submit credit inquiries electronically via Baker Hill One Point.
- Monitor and take necessary actions on delinquent customer accounts to resolve payment issues.
- Monitor loan renewals and process loan requests to avoid delinquent status for those renewals.
- Train branch staff to identify small business prospects and to effectively refer business.
- Entertain major customers from market area on a regular basis.
- Attend branch/regional meetings to review referred business, become informed of branch activities, share plans, and review progress against objectives.
- Attend and contribute to weekly business banking sales and credit meetings.
- Close loans according to bank’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute input to market issues and bank strategy as it relates to overall business banking.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience. Three to five years of experience in small business lending is required. Previous experience in Baker Hill One Point software is a plus.
Tuesday, November 14, 2023