Timothy Jon & Associates
- Hicksville, OH
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Assist Accounting Assistants if necessary
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
Gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Excel and QuickBooks experience preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, required.
- 1-2 years of related experience required (internship experience is included)
Tuesday, November 14, 2023