Timothy Jon & Associates
- Chattanooga, TN
The Commercial Lender will actively support the Bank’s growth goals by sourcing new loan and depository relationships and managing a quality commercial loan portfolio. This role will build strong banking relationships through identifying and financing qualified and industry-targeted commercial loans and cross-selling deposit, cash management and other products and services. The Commercial Banker works with large and complex loans and provides guidance and leadership as may be warranted throughout the Bank.
- Generate loan volume and fee income through business development efforts.
- Actively seek new business through referrals from existing customers, community engagement and calls.
- Meet both Bank and individual growth and fee income goals while maintaining a quality loan portfolio.
- Proactively seek additional business through existing relationships and referral sources.
- Participate in appropriate networking groups, community events and other opportunities to keep actively involved throughout the community and expand our customer base.
- Actively develop and manage a loan portfolio along with all aspects of the borrowing relationship.
- Gather and analyze financial information, working closely with the credit administration department. Recommend changes as deemed appropriate and make credit decisions within authority levels.
- Effectively present loan information to senior leadership and loan committees and serve as an active committee member.
- Regularly review credits, completing file comments, annual reviews and developing action plans for distressed loans.
- Successfully retain customers and work to cross-sell additional deposit, cash management and other relevant Bank products and services.
- Collect payments, monitor customer overdrafts and manage loan ticklers.
- Ensure that all loans receive proper approval, and that applicable policies, procedures and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Provide ongoing, professional and consistent customer communication.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, business or financial industry related
- 3+ years of lending experience
- Underwriting experience preferred
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking regulations and other Bank operational policies
- Knowledge of Bank policies and procedures along with Bank products and services offered
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to provide leadership and training for employees
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Ability to work with limited supervision while performing duties, both onsite and outside of any Bank location
Friday, February 3, 2023