Business Banking Credit Analyst
Timothy Jon & Associates
- Oshkosh, WI
Responsible for completing in-depth credit analysis on new and existing clients of the Bank to assist in the loan decision -making process. Analysis to include a risk rating determination, properly identifying strengths and weaknesses, and noting any deviations from the Loan Policy.
The expectation is this position will grow into a Business Banking Representative (sales).
- Analyzes financial statements (including performance ratios) of all levels of quality to develop an initial assessment as it relates to the borrower's historical (or projected) operating performance.
- Prepare written analysis which will include:
- Credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors
- economic market conditions as they relate to the company, industry, and market area
- in-depth historical financial analysis
- in-depth analysis of secondary sources of repayment including collateral
- properly identifying all exceptions to the Loan Policy
- Collection, tracking, and spreading of required business and personal financial statements.
- Assist in the tracking and timely completion of annual credit reviews, as required by the Lending Policy.
- Review collateral and loan documentation to ensure accuracy in comparison to the approved structure. Conduct UCC and/or Real Estate Title Searches to properly identify collateral position. Order real estate appraisals or evaluations as needed.
- Supports credit administration function for the overall management of the bank's loan portfolio
- Adherence to all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Completion of all required training
- Participate in customer meetings as requested by the lenders
- Participate in civic activities to promote development of the community and the positive image of the bank.
- All other tasks as assigned
- Adheres to the bank's Code of Ethics
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics is preferred
- Prior experience in credit or as credit intern is preferred but is not necessary. Individuals in this position generally have 0-3 years of experience.
- Financial aptitude - basic understanding and ability to interpret financial statements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, Integrity and Ethics - honesty and integrity is the ability to act in a fair and just manner, free from deception; ethics is the ability to be guided by the company's accepted principles of moral conduct
- Accountability - the individual is willing to accept responsibility and take ownership
- Adaptability - able to adjust quickly to a changing work environment.
- Time Management - ability to effectively manage one's time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.
- Analytical Skills - the ability to gather data and process it into a meaningful form
- Oral / Written Communication - must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both orally and written. Must be able to communicate throughout all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail - regard for important details to assure accuracy; detect errors; and follow through on corrections.
- Organized - the ability to be structured and methodical in working skills
- Relationship Building - the ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationships with customers and co-workers
- Working under pressure - the ability to maintain composure when exposed to stress
- Results oriented - the ability to drive behaviors to emphasize achievement. The ability to be self-directed towards accomplishments, be action oriented, enjoy challenges, and pursue opportunities
- Problem solver- Problem solving skills looks at the ability of the individuals to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems and applying contingency plans to solve those problems.
Monday, October 25, 2021