Chief Credit Officer
Timothy Jon & Associates
- Minneapolis, MN
Reports to: President
This role is responsible for overall bank credit quality and risk management, including monitoring portfolio mix and margin, classified assets, past-dues and exceptions within the policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors and Bank management.
The CCO will work collaboratively across the organization and specifically with the Senior Lenders, to support the credit and sales vision and team environment.
As a member of the Bank’s executive team, this role is responsible for helping develop and execute the overall Bank’s strategies, objectives, and business plans. This would include building the bank’s position within the marketplace through community involvement, multi-product banking solutions, and building and maintaining enduring relationships with customers.
The CCO is responsible for providing leadership to the Bank on all issues regarding lending and asset quality.
Meet or exceed team and/or individual performance goals as established at least annually, including the following Key Performance Indicators:
- Financial performance measures – asset quality ratio metrics (charge-off ratio, past due ratio, adversely classified), profitability metrics (net interest income, return on assets, return on equity, efficiency ratio), growth metrics (loan growth, deposit growth, services per household), etc.
- Deadlines – board reporting, Credit Risk Management (CRM) meetings, special projects
- Continuous improvement – Loan Policy and other related policies, lender/credit analyst training, operational consolidation, etc.
- Examinations/Audits – rating, number of findings, remediation actions and deadlines
- With the Commercial Relationship Executive, develops, implements and models a sales and service culture focused on new business development and growth of existing customer relationships.
- Supports lenders on sales calls. As practical, will call on all new customers with $1 million or more in relationship.
- Manages with the Commercial Relationship Executive the loan portfolio for appropriate mix, ensuring profitability without significant risk to the Bank.
- Ensures maintenance of good customer relationships when service issues are encountered
- Manages all aspects of bank wide credit policy, credit administration and loan review. This includes recommending and executing appropriate credit committees, sub-committees, loan limits, exception process, etc.
- Oversees and ensures sound credit decisions bank wide. This will be accomplished by reviewing commercial loan requests and approving loans within established lending requirement. • Writes and updates Bank loan policy.
- Ensures protection of Bank’s interests by ensuring adequate documentation and adherence to Bank policy and to laws/regulations applicable to department operations.
- Monitors loan repayments, work-outs, collections and foreclosure activities.
- May serve as Senior Lender in one of the regions with lenders in the region reporting directly to the Commercial Relationship Executive and indirectly to the Chief Credit Officer.
- Ensures proper measurement and reporting are in place to appropriate manage credit risk. Examples include: Allowance for Loan Losses (ALLL), loan stress testing, credit concentrations, exception reporting, credit score deterioration, trend analysis
• Serve as principal contact with the examiners and auditors on periodic exams and audits related to lending or credit risk
• Corrects and addresses findings in a manner that limits recurrence and promotes adherence to policies and regulations.
Tuesday, November 14, 2023