Manages the Deposit Operations Department ensuring adherence to all processes established to complete all items related to deposit operations including, but not limited to, ACH, account maintenance, RDC, online banking, other electronic banking items, and balancing general ledger (GL) accounts. Lead department staff to provide efficient, effective, accurate, and professional services to customers and internal team members in compliance with Bank policies and procedures. Manages a team that responds to customer and internal inquiries and problem solves deposit related issues in a timely manner.
Works with the Compliance Officer to support the Bank’s overall compliance program specific to deposits including oversight, monitoring, goals, policies, and procedures.
* Manages the Deposit Operations Department by working closely with deposit operations staff to perform all department duties accurately, efficiently, and timely.
* Ensures compliance with all deposit-related regulations built into the policy and procedures of the department and deposit-related computer systems.
* Manages all technologies and contracts related to deposit operations.
* Understands deposit application within Bank’s core system and ensures applications within system are complete and accurate. Understands deposit application and GL mapping to ensure financial accuracy.
* Updates deposit rates on the internal rate sheet and within HORIZON. Stay informed of competitor rates in local markets we serve.
* Manages new products development within Bank’s core operating system.
* Manages and oversees various correspondent accounts. Performs account analysis and balance optimization. Ensures activity is posted accurately and reconciliations are done timely.
* Manages HSA and IRA portfolio and monthly and annual reporting. Works with outsourced vendors to ensure information is accurate and coded properly.
* Manages the ICS and CDARS programs within the IntraFI system. Responsible for portal maintenance and reporting. Communicates with customers as needed.
* Manages Listing Services deposit portfolio and monthly reporting.
* Monitors balances of brokered deposits and borrowing advances. Assists with renewals and maturities.
* Prepares various monthly reports for Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) including but not limited to monthly customer activity, deposit concentrations, FDIC insurance coverage, noncore deposit dependence, and borrowing capacity.
* Supports the Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) program and ensures adherence with responsibilities laid out within the RDC Policy.
* Responsible for RDC and ACH Risk assessments and policy/program review and updates.
* Completes selected deposit related schedules for the quarterly call report submission.
* Trains employees on compliance-related materials, compliance operating policies, control systems and procedures.
* Serve as a liaison with the FDIC and State regulators and the Bank's independent auditors.
* Oversees internal deposit auditing. Coordinates with external auditors with deposit testing.
* Remains highly informed on current Bank policy and related rules and regulations.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination education and experience
· Specialized training deposit operations and compliance is a plus
· A minimum of 5 years of banking specifically in deposit operations