Timothy Jon & Associates
- Minneapolis, MN
Vice President of Commercial Lending
The Commercial Banker is responsible for developing, growing, and retaining commercial relationships while promptly and professionally servicing current client needs. This position participates in community and professional organizations to increase the Bank’s visibility and enhance new business opportunities. The Commercial Banker is also responsible for structuring and managing credit risk consistent with the Bank’s credit policy and lending practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Attracts new clients and relationships through strong calling efforts and networking.
- Manages existing relationships by proactively seeking additional business, promptly working on future maturities, and participating in the annual review process to determine if additional lending needs are present.
- Participates in trade associations, community, and professional organizations to increase the Bank’s visibility and enhance new business opportunities.
- Focuses on growing deposits, loans, and fee income in a profitable manner based on an annual work plan to set objectives and goals.
- Creates, manages, and sustains client and prospective client data using the Bank’s client relationship management system (CRM), currently Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Maintains awareness of the Bank’s marketing strategies, advertisements, and press releases.
Client Servicing & Relationship Management
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests.
- Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, and interest rates with prospective clients.
- Promotes and markets other appropriate Bank offered products and services in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from clients.
- Establishes relationships of trust, confidence, and value to earn primary depository relationships with clients.
- Answers questions and resolves requests while keeping borrowers informed of the Bank’s loan policies and services.
Credit Approval & Risk Management
- Completes thorough analysis and evaluation of all new and renewed loan requests.
- Prepares written submission and presentation for consideration by the Loan Committee.
- Serves as a voting member on the Bank’s Loan Committee and other committees as deemed appropriate by management.
- Monitors existing and established procedures to assure that the Bank’s loan portfolio is managed and documented per the Bank’s lending policy and banking regulations.
- Proactively identifies and manages risk through the careful review of client financial statements and various internal reports. Works with Chief Credit Officer and clients to minimize loss.
- Assists in the collection of delinquent accounts and keeps management informed of collection activities and any significant problems.
- Completes banking functions following established Bank policies and legal requirements.
- Completes required monthly and/or quarterly reports for management.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.· Maintains and projects the Bank’s professional reputation while also maintaining Bank and client confidentiality.
- Performs all job functions and interactions with fellow Bank employees, clients, vendors, and prospective clients within the guidelines of the bank’s Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues by completing all required online training and attending in-house and external training presentations.
- Performs all job functions in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of commercial banking and/or lending experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Small Business Administration (SBA) lending is preferred.
Monday, October 25, 2021