The Supervisor is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects, including the completion of assignments and tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members in meeting client and self-development expectations. This position receives work from Managers, Principals, and Partners.
· Maintain primary responsibility for assigned clients. · Monitor the workflow and due dates for assigned clients.
· Supervise, train, and review in-charge accountants', staff accountants', and accounting assistants' services performed on assigned clients in a prompt and efficient manner.
· Demonstrate excellent skill and experience in assigned technical areas representative of a supervisor.
· Perform engagements within budgeted time limits if possible. If overruns of the time occur, discuss reason with client partner or manager.
· Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks.
· Builds working relationships at peer client level.
· Effectively documents work.
· Implements solutions for clients.
· Identifies task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
· Seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses.
· Demonstrates an active interest in the business world by keeping abreast of market trends and business developments.
· Assists in proposal development and research gathering as requested. · Participates in office and firm wide initiatives. · Actively pursues self-development opportunities.
· Maintain an image representative of a leader. ·
Education / Experience
· College degree
· Minimum of 4 years public accounting experience preferred.
· CPA preferred.