Mortgage Loan Representative
Timothy Jon & Associates
- La Crosse, WI
Provide information on credit union portfolio mortgage products and services to members according to all credit union policies and procedures, and Federal and State rules and regulations. Collate and analyze individual financial information in support of loan decisioning process. Evaluate and recommend loan approvals, denials, and counteroffers based upon individual circumstances and data. Process required forms and related documentation for mortgage loan products. Promote credit union products and services. Partners to approve or deny loan applications based on analysis and company mortgage policies. Works with mortgage support staff to ensure timely response to member inquires and ensure a standard of service excellence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview mortgage loan applicants. Assist member in completing loan applications over the phone and/or electronically.
- Collate, analyze, and evaluate information & documentation in support of loan applications.
- Evaluate borrower Character, Collateral, Capacity to Repay, and Credit position as a part of loan decisioning process based upon individual circumstances.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios, collateral needs, and payment plans on loan applicants.
- Correspond with members, applicants, and creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Visit community and business contacts to promote and sell MCU’s services and develop lending business successfully.
- Provide information on portfolio mortgage loan products that best meet the member’s individual needs and circumstances.
- Recommend the structure of loan pricing, terms, and amounts for individual borrowers.
- Recommend loan approval/denials, counteroffers, and deviations from typical loan structure and pricing.
- Prepare loan documentation for underwriting and processing, ensuring it is complete and accurate. Manage loan closing process with customers.
- Consult with members and the public about asset purchase, credit management, budgeting, debt restructuring, and financial planning issues.
- Notify applicant of loan decision. Inform prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
- Review regulations as they apply to installment loan security agreements.
- Assist members with making payment arrangements on loans.
- Interact with members and the public to solicit loan applications. Network with community contacts to promote mortgage loan business growth.
- Partners with other staff by passing opportunities to develop additional lending and deposit business to them as opportunities arise and following up on mortgage leads passed from other employees.
- Work successfully with other departments to ensure proper process, record retention, and information gathering best practices and procedures are followed.
- Manage delinquent account files for the credit union, including collections work via phone and/or in-person. Recommend loan modifications and/or debt restructuring as appropriate based upon borrower circumstances.
- Promote other Marine Enterprise products and services.
- Provide exceptional member service to our members.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Work proactively to build relationships necessary to meet set goals for the position.
- Effectively assist members and the public through the loan application and approval process, educating them about loan issues as needed.
- Effectively prepare loan documentation for processing, ensuring it is complete and accurate.
- Assist in managing risk through diligence in the information gathering process.
- Provide timely, service-oriented feedback to applicants regarding the status of their loans.
- Help manage delinquency of assigned loan files via collections activity.
- Perform assigned loan prospect and delinquency calls to assist in meeting goals for the position.
- Have access to transportation on demand to be able to travel to client and vendor appointments out of office as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the mortgage loan application process and consumer credit.
- Ability to collate and analyze individual borrower financial information.
- Evaluation of information, and ability to make recommendations regarding loan pricing, structure, amounts, and terms as appropriate.
- Ability to recommend loan approvals, denial, and counteroffers based upon analysis of individual facts and circumstances.
- Ability to build rapport, explaining product features & benefits, and persuasively communicate.
- Skills in developing business.
- Sound PC computing skills, including MS-Office and loan application software.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to build credibility and trust.
- Previous consumer lending experience at credit union preferred.
- Prior experience gathering data, analyzing customer financial information, and making financial product recommendations.
- Previous business development/networking experience.
- Previous Mortgage/Consumer Lending, Banking, or Sales experience desired.
- Experience building networks of community/industry contacts to support business goals a plus.
- Experience working in a face-to-face customer service/sales environment.
- A record of success in meeting set, external business goals.
Education: High School Diploma. College Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or Finance desired.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021