Loan Operations Manager
The Loan Operations Manager is responsible for leading the Loan Operations Department’s processes, procedures, workload, and team members. This position will maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and perform the due diligence needed to ensure complete and accurate operational tasks. This position will maintain a client focus and deliver a superior client experience for consumer and commercial loan-related products and services.
• Leads, Mentors, and Supports the Loan Operations Specialists and Loan Servicing Specialist to provide training, direction, and development.
• Supervises the performance of direct reporting team members while providing guidance and support for individual development needs.
• Coordinates and monitors the department's daily functions to ensure appropriate workloads and tasks.
• Maintains advanced knowledge of all loan operations systems, processes, policies, and procedures.
• Creates, updates, and maintains written assigned Bank policies and department procedures.
• Works with internal department leaders and team members to identify and implement process improvements that enhance the client experience and department efficiencies.
• Leads and directs operational department projects and resources.
• Hosts monthly team and individual one-on-one meetings with direct reports to gain insight, contributions, and feedback.
• Recognizes training needs within the department and Bank. Assists in the early detection of errors or problems and provide input to management regarding training opportunities.
• Acts as a liaison between the operations team and the banking teams. Provides feedback regarding errors or procedure changes.
• Supervises and streamlines all aspects of the loan process including but not limited to loan documentation, booking and boarding, loan accounting, loan reporting, quality control and check backs.
• Prepares reports for committee meetings, internal audits, or examinations.
• Completes SBA 1502 and CRA reporting.
• Works with system providers to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, while ensuring accuracy and compliance. Analyzes, prepares, and trains team members on periodic updates to system software, and verifies that enhancements are working correctly.
• Maintains current product knowledge as well as knowledge of previous product offerings.
• Serves as an engaged member of the Bank’s internal Compliance Committee by attending monthly meetings and conducting follow-ups on any assigned items or issues.
• Answers incoming calls or emails to provide excellent client service regarding technical and operational support.
• Reviews documentation and department work products for completeness and accuracy.
• Performs the duties of the Loan Operations Specialist as needed, with duties including but not limited to booking and boarding new, extended, and renewed loans, loan documentation, loan accounting, and loan reporting.
• Performs the duties of the Loan Servicing Specialist as needed with duties including but not limited to account maintenance, loan servicing, loan accounting, and loan reporting.
• Responsible for department compliance with loan operations-related regulations and best practices.
• Obtain satisfactory or better results on all internal and external examinations and audits.
• Continually enhance knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues by completing all required online training and attending in-house and external training presentations.
• Perform all job functions in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking policies.
• Experience using various computer programs and systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, LaserPro, and Fiserv Premier applications.
• Excellent understanding of loan processing and documentation, systems, customer service, internal controls, and transaction flows.
• Strong ability to supervise, manage, lead, and motivate subordinates to perform at their optimal potential.
• Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Self-starter with a passion for compliance and appreciation for the rules.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including phone, computer, speaking, listening, and presenting.
• Ability to listen and speak clearly and effectively to others and negotiate acceptable resolutions.
• Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to establish and foster strong professional relationships with employees and external sources such as clients.