Timothy Jon & Associates
- Marshfield, WI
The primary role of the Portfolio Manager is to manage an assigned portfolio of agricultural, agri-business, commercial real estate, and commercial and industrial loan relationships, proactively managing all credit aspects of the portfolio (including renewals, new requests, modifications and monitoring covenant compliance, risk ratings and credit quality of the portfolio), meeting client expectations and deadlines, as well as underwriting new business opportunities in support of the bank’s overall goals. This position will be a partner to specified Relationship Managers to deliver credit products to clients, while balancing the appropriate risk and reward to the Bank, always with an eye toward safety and soundness. The Portfolio Manager enables the Relationship Manager to use their time developing and expanding client interaction and new customer generation.
The Portfolio Manager will be viewed as an expert in credit policy, analysis, and structure, and in the credit aspects of their portfolio, and will be the primary contact person for clients and Relationship Managers regarding the relationships in their portfolio. The Portfolio Manager must possess the confidence to voice their opinion and judgment in a clear and concise manner, while being open minded, flexible, and creative, looking for ways to approve credit within established loan policy and within acceptable risk criteria; demonstrating strong mitigating factors when recommending loans that are not policy compliant. Responsibilities will include interfacing with customers, all levels of management and staff.
- Taking ownership of a commercial loan portfolio, acting with a sense of urgency, to meet deadlines, and meet or exceed client expectations.
- With excellent credit skills, create well thought out, concise credit analyses, recommending appropriate credit structure, assessing key risks, and performing the appropriate financial analysis and/or modeling as a given credit may require.
- The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for, underwriting and structuring credit facilities for new and existing clients, which includes financial statement analysis, performing risk assessment, stress test analysis, industry analysis, risk rating assignment and completion of loan presentations.
- Interface with clients, prospects, and Relationship Managers as required.
- Participate in the preparation and review of commitment letters and final loan documentation.
- Maintain integrity of a portfolio of credit relationships ensuring credit quality and soundness of risk ratings, condition of credit files, and integrity of the bank’s data systems.
- Ensuring that proposed loans meet the profitability targets established by the bank.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with loan covenants, borrowing base requirements, timely reporting and all other requirements of credit approvals, loan documentation, and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in prospect and customer calls as appropriate, and actively participate in business development activities for the purpose of attracting additional profitable business for the Bank.
- Utilizes government programs when deemed necessary to meet client needs and Bank underwriting criteria.
- Assist in identifying and helping manage work out loans for maximum recovery to the bank.
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Provides back up to Relationship Managers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service on Bank committees as needed.
- Maintains professional community relations to increase the Bank's visibility and new business opportunities, and to further personal development.
- Updates knowledge and develops professionally on a continuing basis. Participates in internal and external training and development opportunities as required.
- Other job-related duties may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or economics preferred
- Prefer two plus years of commercial credit experience
- Strong credit skills with the ability to make decisions and recommendations on a wide variety of credits.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with relationship officers, clients and senior management
- Strong computer skills: technical ability to input and retrieve computerized information
- Ability to work independently and proactively address the needs of their assigned portfolio.
Friday, February 3, 2023