As one of the region's leading commercial real estate firms, our client has been experiencing unprecedented growth and they are looking to add to their team. This mid-sized company delivers to their clients in way that exceeds expectations.
This nationwide developer offers a vibrant work culture where they carefully select their team members based on skills, integrity and a passion for their business. Exceptional company culture that fosters innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools vital to achieving a successful and meaningful career. This client offers Industry-leading compensation and benefits packages including premiere medical plan options, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance.
Job Responsibilities, Staff Accountant:
• Support Accounting department management in all aspects of accounting.
• Responsible for full-cycle accounting for portfolio of properties.
• Responsible for A/R and A/P functions for portfolio of properties, including;
o Set up and maintenance of new leases in accounting software;
o Invoice tenants for monthly and recoverable charges;
o Prepare periodic tenant reconciliations and A/R aging reports;
o Enter tenant receipts into accounting system and assist with collections;
o Review and ensure payables have accurate GL codes and proper approvals;
o Work with vendors to resolve issues and apply discounts;
o Generate weekly check runs;
o Review periodic reports to keep track of outstanding amounts due to vendors.
• Prepare and enter journal entries for month-end close including accruals, depreciation,
amortization, capitalization and true-up entries.
• Analyze variances, review ledger details and record adjusted entries on assigned accounts.
• Prepare bank reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliations, etc.
• Assist in year-end audits/reviews and tax preparation work.
• Prepare and analyze annual and long-term forecasts and budgets.
• Assist in other duties as needed.
Skills Required, Staff Accountant:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Prior experience with real estate preferred, but not required.
• Prior experience with an accounting ERP preferred, but not required.
• Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Strong communication skills as candidate will be required to interface with internal and
external stakeholders (property managers, construction personnel, vendors, tenants, etc.).
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess a strong work ethic.
• Ability to work within a team and independently.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Ability to seek information and problem solve.
• Standout "can do" attitude and enthusiasm to drive and innovate process.
Minimum 2 years experience