Timothy Jon & Associates
- Appleton, WI
Title: Accounting Manager
Our client is one of the most respected employers in the area!! They are committed to improving the lives of those who choose to be a part of their team. They continently invest in their employees’ professional development not only because they care about improving their skills but because they consider their employees family. The friendships and teamwork they develop are crucial to their success. They strive to be the employer of choice in the region.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Vice President of Finance and will be responsible for managing all core accounting functions including the preparation of month end financial close and payroll processes. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for leading a coordinating all facets of the annual audit. We are seeking candidates who are comfortable driving the accounting function of the company.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the general ledger accounting function of the company to accurately reflect income and expenses to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, customer credits and collections, payroll processing and commercial banking relationships, etc.
- GL account reconciliations and analysis, complete month-end close, depreciation schedules, and journal entries.
- Support the organizations budget and forecasting activities.
- Leading the annual audit process with external auditors, overseeing and preparing audit work papers and supporting schedules and documentation for external financial reporting; advise on the accounting treatment of unusual transactions
- Learning, operating and improving accounting software practices.
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of financial data, including financial statements
- Familiarity with the coordination of tax reporting, regulatory compliance, cash and debt management, as well as the annual audit preparation for a CPA firm.
Accounting Manager Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in accounting or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards, principles, theories, techniques, and practices (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in an accounting position.
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Strong communication, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills.
- CPA Professional Accreditation preferred.
Monday, October 25, 2021