Timothy Jon & Associates
- Milwaukee, WI
As one of the region's leading commercial real estate firms, our client has been experiencing unprecedented growth and they are looking to add to their team. This mid-sized company delivers to their clients in way that exceeds expectations.
This nationwide developer offers a vibrant work culture where they carefully select their team members based on skills, integrity and a passion for their business. Exceptional company culture that fosters innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools vital to achieving a successful and meaningful career. This client offers Industry-leading compensation and benefits packages including premiere medical plan options, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance.
- Support Accounting department management in all aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for full-cycle accounting
- Responsible for A/R and A/P functions for portfolio of properties, including:
- Set up and maintenance of new leases in accounting software.
- Invoice tenants for monthly and recoverable charges;
- Prepare periodic tenant reconciliations and A/R aging reports;
- Enter tenant receipts into accounting system and assist with collections;
- Review and ensure payables have accurate GL codes and proper approvals;
- Work with vendors to resolve issues and apply discounts;
- Generate weekly check runs;
- Review periodic reports to keep track of outstanding amounts due to vendors.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for month-end close including accruals, depreciation, amortization, capitalization and true-up entries.
- Analyze variances, review ledger details and record adjusted entries on assigned accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliations, etc.
- Assist in year-end audits/reviews and tax preparation work.
- Prepare and analyze annual and long-term forecasts and budgets.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Prior experience with real estate preferred, but not required.
• Prior experience with an accounting ERP preferred, but not required.
• Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Strong communication skills as candidate will be required to interface with internal and external stakeholders (property managers, construction personnel, vendors, tenants, etc.).
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess a strong work ethic.
Tuesday, November 14, 2023