Timothy Jon & Associates
- Minneapolis, MN
The Finance Specialist is responsible for assisting the VP – Controller with all finance duties, to include but not limited to Accounts Payable, Internal Accounts, Depreciation, Pre-paids and Accruals and primary backup to the controller.
This position is available due to the growth of the Bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
Effectively process all accounts payable, according to established written procedures.
- Monitor receipt of invoices for large vendors, proactively contact vendor when invoices have not been received to ensure timely payments.
- Process monthly credit card statements, including monitoring of employee submissions to ensure timely payment.
- Convert all documents to a digital format.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Primary contact person for office supplies
Balancing and reconciling
Responsible for the timely balancing, resolving, and documenting of accounts assigned by the VP – Controller.
- Perform FMS daily balancing.
- Reconcile internal accounts
- Perform monthly depreciation reconcilement.
- Process and balance all monthly Pre-paid and Accrual accounts.
- Process all monthly FHLB transactions.
- Process UBB’s Unity securities transactions and pledge agreements
Regulatory and State reporting
- Maintain and file State and Federal withholdings
- Prepare quarterly FR2900 report.
- Prepares quarterly and annual filings, including Sales and Use tax
- Serve as backup for Call Report preparation.
- Oversee all CDARS/ICS accounts and transactions.
- Process and maintain all QwickRate activity.
- Serve as Plansmith model backup by preparing the monthly ALCO reports.
- Assists in preparing monthly board reports.
- Assists departments throughout the bank with special projects and functions.
- Performs all job function and interactions with fellow bank employees, customers, vendors, and prospective customers within the guidelines of the Bank’s Core Values: Dedicated, Reliable, Authentic, Knowledgeable, and Ethical.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all job function in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking policies
- Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues through completion of all required online training, attendance at in-house and external training presentations.
Monday, September 13, 2021