Software Development Manager
Timothy Jon & Associates
- De Pere, WI
**This is a new positions for our client that will report directly to the CIO.
The Software Development Manager provides leadership in aligning information systems development with business objectives for assigned business applications and/or technologies. The incumbent provides overall direction and guidance to the development team. The Manager drives software development across multiple teams and phases to ensure execution of project work plans. Determines department priorities and ensures software development objectives are met.
Job Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager:
- Responsible for effective and timely development of new and/or enhanced systems/technologies.
- Monitors all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle and Production Support service levels. Ensures high level technical support is provided.
- Works closely with customers, other IT managers, and management to identify and maximize opportunities to use technology to improve business processes.
- Prepares business cases, including financial analysis of potential new technologies/systems/applications. Evaluates based on company strategic needs and resource availability.
- Oversees business analysis, development work and quality assurance of projects for assigned systems/technologies.
- Collaborates effectively at all levels to prepare strategic plans. Ensures system requests tie into objectives of the company strategy map and budgets.
- Contributes to the development of information technology development standards, policies, processes, and procedures to ensure consistent compatibility and integration throughout the company.
- Continuously reviews the technology needs of supported business functions/processes relative to new technological developments and trends. Keeps abreast of the industry and emerging technology.
- Participates in vendor/strategic partner evaluations and monitors the relationship on an ongoing basis.
- Leads and manages team to accomplish objectives through effective recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management and rewards & recognition.
What job qualifications do you need to bring?
- Broad knowledge of software development techniques, processes, methods and best practices. Proficiency with various programming languages used.
- Understanding of Agile development methods and its application to company technology needs.
- High level knowledge/expertise in Legacy and .Net development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications.
- Strong strategic decision making & long-term planning abilities to manage resources and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & consultative skills for effective collaboration with senior management.
- Good general business acumen.
Tuesday, November 14, 2023