Assistant Branch Manager
Timothy Jon & Associates
- Sussex, WI
The Assistant Branch Manager exercises control over the functions of the office in the absence of the Branch Manager. Administers branch operations with emphasis on sales production and delivery of quality of service. Ensures that the branch follows safety and soundness guidelines and is operationally compliant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs essential duties and responsibilities of Personal Banker as required.
- Uncovers needs of customers through effective use of conversations and established bank sales processes. Records all customer activities in relationship management system.
- Meets personal point goal through effective use of internal prospect lists and other bank sales processes. This includes participation in outbound call initiatives and maintaining a weekly call goal; generation of lending opportunities, taking consumer loan applications, and closing approved loans; and identification of business banking, mortgage, and investment business partner referral opportunities.
- Participates in branch prospecting efforts for new business generation. Assists the Manager with the community and outside sales events when appropriate.
- Completes individual sales plan to outline activities needed to reach established referral and production benchmarks. Collaborates with manager and district manager in development of branch plans and achievement of branch sales goals. Leads execution of specific sales plans assigned by manager and district manager.
- Ensures and monitors physical security; ensures adherence to established policies and procedures; adherence to accounting controls; quality of customer documents and compliance with the Bank’s credit controls; and corrects any deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of effective internal controls for the branch including but not limited to protection of all funds, physical assets, and property of the branch. Assures adequate maintenance and repair of branch facilities and equipment.
- Monitors control of negotiable instruments and cash management processes.
- Responsible for administration of required audit duties and audit outcomes. Responds to direction from District Operations Specialist regarding audit control, policy and procedure. May respond to annual audit reviews.
- Coordinates and supervises teller operations by delegating responsibilities, holding branch staff accountable for their duties. Performs in teller role if necessary.
- Handles complex and non-routine inquiries by branch staff and customers concerning bank policy and operating procedures; research and solve customer problems. Refers situations to appropriate personal and is a liaison with customer support departments.
- Open and closes the branch.
- Consistently communicates all necessary information to the staff by scheduling regular staff meetings and/or seminars for the purpose of informing staff and/or customers of current promotions. Keeps abreast of Bank products/services and ensures that all changes and/or additions are thoroughly communicated to staff.
- Supervises and develops staff by coordinating workflow, monitoring performance levels and identifying areas for development; assists branch staff in professional development.
- Provides feedback to the Branch Manager on staff performance. Takes corrective action when appropriate. Assists in performance evaluations and salary recommendations.
- May assist in interview process and hiring recommendations for branch staff. In coordination with the Branch Manager, schedules branch personnel for optimum coverage for branch sales and quality service needs and opening/closing/override authority. May approve time and attendance for staff.
- Enhances or maintains quality of service in conjunction with the branch annual goal. Provides and maintains a professional, business-like atmosphere within the branch office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school education required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Minimum of one year of leadership experience and two years of sales experience in banking or sales related environment. Must have strong and proven sales ability and exceptional customer service skills with ability to coach and achieve branch and individual goals. Must have thorough knowledge of financial concepts. Knowledge of desktop automation tools.
Thursday, September 16, 2021