Business Technology Manager
Timothy Jon & Associates
- Fond Du Lac, WI
Under general supervision and direction, the Business Technology Manager will be responsible for establishing, planning, collaborating and executing the Bank’s information technology strategies, policies, and procedures including but not limited to: developing, maintaining and implementing technology strategies consistent with and in support of the Bank's overall strategic plan; collaborating with third party vendors as a liaison to ensure timely and up-to-date deployment of network administration and PC support; ensuring the department's compliance with operating policies and procedures established for the information technology function; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel and providing periodic reports. The Business Technology Manager is responsible for providing vision and leadership for developing and implementing bank-wide information technology and other systems and services to fulfill the Bank’s strategic goals and objectives. A successful Business Technology Manager is thorough, meticulous, organized, and methodical when handling details
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of banking regulations related to assigned job function. Complete and/or ensure all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with bank policies and Federal Regulation. Complete required compliance and job specific training. Familiarity and adherence of all Bank Secrecy Act requirements including the ability to identify and properly report fraudulent and suspicious activity.
- Responsible for timely and reliable operation of all bank technology and systems including but not limited to:
- End user devices
- Backup devices
- Teller equipment
- Phone system
- Internet and Wi-Fi
- Fiber circuits
- Meeting technology
- User access control rights and review
- Security cameras / access control
- Local and wide area networks
- Printers and scanners/copiers
- Provides technology support, as needed for business applications
- The liaison between, and works in conjunction with, third party partners inclusive of banks core processor and infrastructure partner to coordinate/complete/manage the installation of hardware and software; troubleshooting services to employees with day-to-day operating issues; personal computers and network security. Schedules and/or performs software upgrades during non-business hours. Acts as a liaison with internal staff and departments and with outside vendors.
- Create and update IT policies, procedures, and risk assessments. Implement and lead IT Steering committee. Maintains well-organized and efficient documentation of controls to support regular audits and regulatory exams. Coordination and direct point of contact with all outside auditors and examiners in all technology related matters.
- Maintains the Bank’s Incident Response Program, Information Security Program, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans (BCP). Ensures regular plan testing. Conducts periodic risk assessments of the business continuity risks of all the Bank’s technology and takes appropriate action to reduce risk wherever appropriate. Ensures training and adherence to proper backup and recovery procedures.
- Works with managers to streamline business processes by using technology to enhance the bank’s practices. Recommends and implements IT strategies, initiatives, procedures, and products by evaluating trends and options, identifying problems, and anticipating requirements. Attends conferences, research and stay up to date with new and future technology products and services. Stay abreast of FinTech solutions and serves on most project teams within the bank. Adequately identifies and documents change management criteria and areas pertaining to IT.
- Manages technology assets (hardware, software) efficiently and effectively to adhere to all license agreements, maintain effective asset control, maximize value/cost, and execute optimal replacement cycles. Recommends adjustments to systems and/or equipment to ensure cost efficient and effective systems/equipment infrastructure. Analyzes and coordinates implementation of systems and technology enhancements.
- Manages relationships with technology and system vendors and conducts vendor & technology risk assessments, develops RFPs when needed. Coordinates activities of outside vendors in support, maintenance, and management of systems and technology. Ensures vendor accountability.
- Ensures adequate physical security of all bank owned locations, password security, and employee access security. Ensures data and equipment are properly disposed of.
- Strategic partner in the evaluation and integration of new market the bank may enter into by way of merger and acquisition
- Provides assistance to Treasury Management in the servicing and deployment of RDC in a backup capacity.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and at least five years of progressive experience in IT; or a combination of education and experience.
- IT Certification recommended.
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and principles with an ability to interpret and translate requirements into operational designs and actions.
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy, audit, and legal technology standards, guidelines, and principles.
- Knowledge of current and emerging information technology systems, technology threats, vulnerabilities, systems testing, and valuation methods.
- Ability to evaluate suppliers and/or products and provide reviews of technical systems.
- Must have the ability to manage a team of individuals with varying skill sets to complete the tasks assigned.
- Must be able to analyze urgent situations, prioritize the needs of the situation and remediate situations while not interrupting the daily workflow.
- Must possess courteous and professional customer service attitude; technical ability to input and retrieve computerized information; exceptional organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills for interacting professionally with customers and relating to other employees.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and Bank information and deal effectively with time pressures, stress and multi-tasking that can change hourly depending on level of customer activity.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Wednesday, August 3, 2022