Timothy Jon & Associates
- Saint Francis, Minnesota
The Loan Specialist provides a partnership with commercial lending, credit administration and loan operations personnel to service new and existing loan relationships. They will provide professional and courteous assistance to both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide regular, thorough support to the commercial lending team for the daily demands of the commercial loan process.
- Assist with gathering data for new and renewal lending requests.
- Ensure the order and completion of preliminary commercial loan documentation such as flood certificates, name searches, lien searches, title work, environmental orders and appraisals.
- Prepare the loan document checklist on approved loans for closing document preparation.
- Assist lenders in the review of prepared loan documents prior to closing for accuracy.
- Organize closed loan packages, scan documents into Director and forward appropriate documents to Loan Administration.
- Maintain documentation exception ticklers and update as documentation comes in.
- Ensure on going documentation is scanned in a timely manner and saved in the appropriate location.
- Review maturing loan reports and work with the Lenders to develop payoff or renewal plans.
- Review existing loan documentation upon renewal to detect, request and obtain any deficiencies.
- Assist the commercial lending team with construction draw requests, borrowing base monitoring, etc.
- Work as a liaison between lenders and loan operations personnel to assist in efficient and accurate processing of loans.
- Assist the SVP, Credit Administration and the credit administration team as needed.
- Work with the Bank’s Compliance Officer to ensure that all loan documents are in compliance with loan related regulations.
- Provide support to Bank staff and customers regarding all aspects of loan related inquiries and requests.
- Provide support for service-based requests such as line of credit advances, balance transfers, payments, etc.
- Provide administrative support for preparing correspondence, pipeline reporting and report gathering, etc.
- Provide administrative support for leadership, particularly for Watch List / Workout Committee, Executive Loan Committee, Appraisal Committee, etc.
- Participation in special projects, often in cooperation with other departments.
- High school diploma required, Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience with financial institution commercial lending
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking regulations and other Bank operational policies
- Knowledge of Bank policies and procedures along with Bank products and services offered
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Commitment to providing superior customer service to internal and external customers, always demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships to collaboratively achieve Bank goals
Wednesday, September 22, 2021