Physical Therapy Assistant
- San Antonio, TX
Physical Therapy Assistant- Inpatient
San Antonio, Texas, United States | Full-time
Johnson Venture Management Solutions is hiring a Physical Therapist Assistant for the Brooke Army Medical Center. A great opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist.
- Contributes to a physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues.
- Administers treatment programs for patients.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, and obtaining updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Evaluates abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises and instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities.
- Helps patients in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal growth and development information, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, and adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends and monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives.
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations and JCO standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading periodicals, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of two years' experience as a physical therapy assistant after graduation
- Experience and training with an emphasis in manual therapy. orthopedic, geriatric, neurological and acute patient care is required
- Associate degree for physical therapy assistant
- Must be licensed by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (TBPTE) can provide physical therapy in Texas
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements
- Local travel may be required
- Must have 2 years experience providing direct patient care in an acute inpatient physical therapy setting
- Experience with amputee, burn and limb salvage
Wednesday, November 1, 2023