- Fayetteville, NC
Work with a team of diverse architects and engineers with backgrounds in PaaS, DevOps, Security, and IaaS operations in order to spread knowledge and practices. All in support of the Government Program Office’s global cloud and platform services environments.
Responsible for the engineering and life-cycle management of, mostly cloud-based, platforms to attain a high degree of reliability and security.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BS Degree in STEM related field +3 years related experience
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, performance for cloud-hosted applications.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field.
- DoD 8570 Level II (Security +)
- Adept Shell/BASH scripter
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, and S3.
- 2+ years of experience working with container orchestration technologies, specifically Kubernetes.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks along with an ability to offer and implement solutions to address these.
- Experience creating dashboards to track service health that appeal to both technical and non-technical audiences preferably with Splunk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or unsupervised as required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with identity and access management technologies and solutions.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies; using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with monitoring and logging solutions, specifically Splunk
- Any of the following: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or any Professional level of the above-mentioned certs where applicable
- 1+ years’ experience working with Gitlab
- Skilled at creating Ansible playbooks, working with AWX/Ansible Tower
Monday, November 13, 2023