Medical Science Liaison - CNS (Midwest)
- Cleveland, OH
Relevant Industry experience required.
Degree: PharmD, NP, PA only
Territory Coverage: IL, WI, KS, OH, MI, IN
Serving as a field-based extension of Medical Affairs, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and their approved product to treat adolescent and adult patients with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), as well as additional pipeline products as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships across the various customer segments in a Clinical and Hospital/Institution setting a and Managed Care
- Schedule appointments and meet with key contacts to foster peer-to-peer relationships.
- Identify new contacts or Scientific Leaders for customer engagement within each therapeutic area
- Support Medical Affairs IIR strategy Identify customers who are interested in research, collaboration, ad board participation, speaking engagements, etc.
- Provide fair-balanced, accurate information in response to product and medical information requests. This includes discussion of risk information, relevant therapeutic areas, identification of unmet needs and communication of relevant information back to Company.
- Respond to existing products inquiries upon customer request. Collect and share insights across the Medical Affairs organization Work in alignment with other functions including Medical Affairs, Market Access Leadership, Brand Leadership, State Government Affairs, and any other key internal stakeholders to ensure execution of field medical strategies.
- Execute the National Identify regional/local meetings of interest in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.Maintain a presence at major, relevant medical meetings and communicate important information back to the Company.
- Act as a liaison between Managed Care organizations and Medical Affairs in supporting payer needs.
Degree and Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree preferred PharmD NP, PA with relevant experience will be considered.
- 3+ years’ experience in a field medical role in the pharma/healthcare industry or comparable experience
- Appreciation and understanding for the pharmaceutical environment
- Prior experience in a field MSL role with experience in customer management and engagement in the clinic, hospital institutions, and managed care setting preferred
- Disease state knowledge in Company therapeutic areas (e.g, CNS)
- Strong drug information skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate via formal presentation, verbal testimony, or customer dialogue/conversation
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms for the collection, review, and dissemination of medical information.
- A willingness and ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 70% (approx.10-12 overnights per month). May vary by regions.
- Must live in close proximity to a major international airport and have a valid U.S driver's license in good standing.
Tuesday, February 11, 2020