Medical Science Liaison - Diabetes - Ohio
- Cleveland, OH
Serving as a field-based extension of the Company’s Medical Affairs Department, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and one of its investigational compounds currently under Phase III investigation for diabetic kidney disease treatment.
The MSL will deliver clinical and scientific data to thought leaders and other stakeholders within the nephrology, cardiovascular, endocrinology and primary care communities. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating and assuring implementation of scientific and clinical strategies to thought leaders within a variety of health care organizations. The MSL will build long-term peer-to-peer relationships and establish rapport through highly scientific product and disease-related discussions. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current therapeutic concepts in the diabetic kidney disease therapeutic space.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) provides scientific and objective information to healthcare providers and researchers. Upon potential FDA approval of the supported compound, the MSL will provide technical and scientific support in the field for healthcare providers. They will also ensure safe and effective use of the Company’s products through facilitation of timely adverse event reporting and provision of responses to unsolicited requests for detailed product and disease state information.The MSL will support company sponsored studies through investigator engagement and will also collaborate with internal business partners as needed and serve as a therapeutic expert and resource to home office colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with thought leaders in academic and community settings. Completes timely documentation of interactions and contacts within appropriate databases.
- Disseminates scientific information to healthcare professionals through educational presentations in a variety of settings and direct scientific exchange.
- Facilitates investigator initiated research (IIRs) between the Companyand clinical investigators as opportunities arise; supports investigator and site recommendations for Company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Attends national and regional medical congresses, gathers competitive intelligence, provides scientific support as needed and delivers comprehensive post-meetings summaries for internal colleagues.
- Provides Advisory Board support and Advisory Board coordination and/or presentations at meetings.
- Collaborates compliantly with commercial internal business partners as an internal scientific expert for strategic internal projects and to liaise between OLs and internal partners
- Establishes and maintains contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned region. Identifies educational gaps and opportunities within regional and national organizations.
- Maintains clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in the diabetic kidney disease (DKD) therapeutic area. Reviews and shares current guidelines and treatment protocols for internal review.
- Reports relevant competitive activity, new compound development information and potential collaborations when appropriate or requested in line with corporate strategy.
- Advanced clinical/science degree: PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent preferred. NPs and PAs with relevant MSL experience and/or clinical experience will be considered
- 2+ years in pharmaceutical industry as a MSL preferred, clinical development or other clinical experience may substitute for MSL experience
- Nephrology therapeutic expertise strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication; strong presentation skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of FDA and OIG guidelines
- Established track record in basic or clinical research preferred
- Understanding of drug development and product life cycles
- Ability to critically evaluate the medical literature
- Ability to work independently and to integrate / work in cross functional network of teams.
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 50-60%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Valid driver’s license
Tuesday, January 14, 2020